MANILA, Philippines -- Media giant ABS-CBN Corp. is off to a great start in 2013, coming from a successful 2012, chief executive officer and president Charo Santos-Concio said on Tuesday morning.
"Even as we review the successes of 2012, we are seeing a great start to 2013," Santos-Concio, who assumed the CEO post in January, said during ABS-CBN's annual stockholders' meeting.
"Juan de la Cruz and Ina, Kapatid, Anak continue to deliver 47% audience shares. Be Careful With My Heart has changed the face of morning programming, a true game changer," she said, referring to top-rating ABS-CBN shows.
Moreover, she pointed out several films recently produced and co-produced by unit Star Cinema had seen great success at the box office.
"Sisterakas, One More Try, and It Takes A Man And A Woman delivered record breaking success at the box office," Santos-Concio said.
Apart from television soaps and movies, Santos-Concio said the current affairs programs and hosts have gained 44 local and international awards last year.
Santos-Concio, who is also chief content officer, noted that ABS-CBN's investments into the "digital future", such as apps, streaming sites, social media and websites, are bearing fruit. "From building bridges over the air, ABS-CBN is now bridging families and friends online," she said.
Amid the conglomerate's successes in the past year, Santos-Concio said there is still "much more ahead."
"We are eager to move forward. The future is indeed worthy of pursuit. It has been made easier because generations of ABS-CBN men and women made sure that we were prepared for the task... ABS-CBN is an institution bigger than all of us put together – it is woven from the dreams and aspirations of pioneers, of veterans, of mentors and of the young men and women that will take us into tomorrow," she said.
"People ask why we dream. We dream because we believe in Filipinos and in their dreams – their yearnings for family, friends and for a better world for their loved ones. Today, we reaffirm our commitment to be of service to the Filipino and remain committed in keeping the dream alive," Santos-Concio said.