A source from GMA Network allegedly confirmed Willie Revillame's TV comeback! News circulated last year that Willie's pals Mike Enriquez and Joey De Leon are pushing for Revillame's show in GMA-7 utilizing the pre-primetime slot. However, this idea didn't seem fit for GMA's big bosses especially after the trouble Revillame brought to former employers ABS-CBN and TV5.
But the winds in GMA appears to be shifting, with Revillame sealing a deal that would allow him to be a blocktimer in the Kapuso Network. The deal appeared to be a safe bet for the Network as it will not spend a peso for producing Willie's show but will still enjoy a share in the show's airtime revenue for renting its blocktime. GMA has been known to accommodate blocktimers on periods where it is unable to compete with ABS-CBN. A few notable examples are Eat Bulaga and The Rizza Mae show, which are produced by TAPE Inc.
Revillame's new show in GMA is rumored to be pitted against ABS-CBN's longest running Sunday show, ASAP! The TV host personally chose the said time slot for his new show which is currently occupied by old movies that are no longer generating attractive income for the Kapuso Network. However, nothing has been confirmed yet as ASAP's producer include Willie's good friend Johnny Manahan.
It remains to be seen as to when the show will be launched and who will be Revillame's co-hosts be. But the TV actor will be producing the said show, and will therefore take control and command over everything on his show.
TV NETWORK WAR ORIGINAL